Steel Fixing Introductory Course
The OHOB Training Academy 5-day Steel Fixing Course is a bespoke industry accredited training programme, designed to help any new entrants and existing operatives up-skill and transform their current skillset. For those new to the sector, you will be guided through an introductory programme, enabling you to take the first step towards a future skilled position and a trade qualification. For existing workers, often mainly in labourer roles stuck in lower paid positions and either not afforded an opportunity to develop, or those who do not believe they have the support and knowledge to undertake more skilled operations, this introductory course will enable you to fulfil your full potential.
Once you have completed this introductory course and learnt how to follow the correct site procedures, you will feel confident, energised and inspired, because you now have the capability to succeed in the workplace coupled with the necessary theory, practical knowledge and competency training you need to do the job correctly.
The quality of tuition and practical experience is unrivalled and uses the latest and top of the range equipment often provided by industry partners sponsoring our programmes.
For those successful candidates, new entrants, career chargers or those up-skilling, you will thereafter either directly be offered a job outcome or be better placed to secure a role for one of the largest groundworks and civil engineering contractors in the UK.
Join us today at OHOB Training Academy and kickstart your career now.
Who should attend?
- Novice delegates
- Pre-Employment candidates
- 16+ New Entrants
- Career changer
- Anyone seeking a new start to up-skill and gain relevant industry experience
Duration: 5 days
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to;
- Understand general health and safety legislation and regulations
- Working towards goals
- Working as part of a group
- Able to read steel reinforcement drawings.
- Tie steel for slab construction
- Set up starter bars
- Fix shear links
- Tie reinforcement for a column
- Fix steel for wall construction
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment
- Understand the importance of Control of hazardous substances to health (COSHH)
- Able to operate an abrasive wheel
- Able to operate a rebar tying gun
- Understand the importance of risk assessments
- Understand the importance of pile caps
National Recognised Qualifications
Manual Handling certificate
Face Fit Test certificate
The Safe use of a Cut Off Saw and Abrasive Wheels certificate
CSCS labourers – Green Card