The course aims to provide individuals with a knowledge and understanding of how the Cable Avoidance equipment works, the limitations, applications and the consequences of not implementing correct Cable Avoidance procedures. It will cover detecting and tracing methods.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at a wide group of learners who need to use detection equipment to locate underground services, this could be ground workers, highways maintenance, surveyors, utilities workers and more.
Duration: Full Day (7 Hours)
£95+vat per person.
- Introduction to Underground Services
- Legislation and Regulations
- Personal Protection Equipment
- HSG 47
- Basic principles of locating and avoidance of underground services
- Site Plans and Information
- Inspection of Cable Avoidance Tools
- Use a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal Generator (Genny)
- Appreciation of difficulties associated with underground service avoidance
- Identify risks and hazards associated with underground service avoidance
- Storage and maintenance of equipment
- Safe digging practices and marking guidelines
OHOB Training Academy Certification valid for 5 years
NOCN SiteRight Approved Certification 5 years